Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weed or flower?




















Showers
Showers
Low
46° F
Precip: 40%
Rain showers early becoming more intermittent overnight. Low 46F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Showers
Showers
High
58° F
Precip: 50%
Overcast with showers at times. High 58F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
















Sunset: 8:07 PM
Sunrise: 5:18 AM


Well, according to the weathermen and maps, it's been raining for a week straight. But, we haven't had a drop of rain. While this is great, it's really taking a toll on the garden. Because the weather predictions have been so off, it's hard to judge when to water. The skies look threatening, but it will splatter for a second or two, then nothing. Today we woke up to bright blue skies and sunny weather, and the weather channel said it was cloudy and rainy.
I watered the garden before I left, and am hoping it won't rain buckets now and drown everything!

Some new photos of the garden are here!

The lilacs are blooming, and I brought a bouquet of them inside my house, and into the office to enjoy. We have white and purple iris outside the back door and they looked beautiful this morning [pictures of those to come!].

While working in the garden this week, trying to week out the hordes of dandelions, I've come across some plants that I am unsure of...weed or flower (or plant!)? So, help me out! Look at the pictures here and let me know what is ok to rip out. I'm planning a cutting flower bed, so I need all the room I can get to bring my garden inside to my vases this summer. Nothing dresses up a room like fresh flowers.

No comments: