Friday, June 20, 2008

Reaping some benefits!


Isolated T-Storms
Isolated T-Storms
High
75° F
Precip: 30%
Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing this afternoon. High near 75F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Scattered T-Storms
Scattered T-Storms
Low
57° F
Precip: 30%
Isolated thunderstorms this evening followed by a chance of showers overnight. Low 57F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sunrise: 5:09 AM
Sunset: 8:26 PM

This morning I woke up early to go into the garden to harvest some lettuce and spinach for a big salad. It felt wonderful to get produce ten feet from my kitchen! I brought in some butter crunch lettuce for my boss who gave me a big hug for the fresh from the soil gift. It's amazing how much greens make people happy.

But will he still greet me with a smile in August when my squash plants start producing the masses of vegetables? Squash is known as a prolific plant...it's when people who go to church start locking their car doors in fear of coming out to a bag of squash on their seats!

We shall see! Happy summer solstice!

No comments: